Wednesday 4 January 2012

Runnymede Chapters, Toronto


The majority of the books I buy are from Chapters, which is a chain of bookstores in Canada. While these stores are big and spacious, they are all essentially the same and not very interesting after you've been to one. The Runnymede Chapters is the only exception I know about. Located on Bloor St. West, the bookstore was originally a theatre that opened in the 1920's. 


The theatre shut down in 1999 and eventually became a Chapters. Fortunately, the theatre was restored and it has become one of the prettiest bookstores I've ever been to. A few of the old theatre style seats are scattered throughout the store for shoppers. This was a bit out of the way for me, but it was worth going over to the West End just to check out this exceptionally pretty bookstore. 


1 comment:

  1. OK. Next time I go to Toronto I AM GOING HERE! The only Chapters stores I've been to are the two where I live in Barrie, one in Newmarket, one on Brampton and Indigo Yorkdale.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...