Saturday 10 December 2011

Bookish Homemade Gift Ideas

Homemade gifts are easier on your wallet and are often more thoughtful than store bought gifts. Plus, they can be fun to make! 


1. A Bookish Clock. Unfortunately, to do this you have to be comfortable partially destroying a book. You could try and find a journal, if you're concerned.

2. A tote bag for books. You could simply buy a tote bay and iron on transfer paper at a craft store. You can also find iron on letters, if you wanted to put something like “Read More Books” on it. Martha Stewart offers templates and instructions here.

3. A Cover for an e-reader. If you’re uncomfortable with ruining a book, you could use a journal instead. You can also see some pretty homemade examples here.

4. A Hogwarts scarf! My Mom knitted me a Gryffindor scarf for Christmas last year and I loved it! Turns out I'm in Ravenclaw, but I wear it anyways. You can see a sewn version here, or the knit pattern my Mom used here.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite book bags is a tote with a quote from Pride and Prejudice on it - I'd love to make some bags with quotes on myself one day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...