Sunday 16 October 2011

In My Mailbox (9)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers post about the books they've bought, borrowed or received in the past week.


This week I went to the bookshop inside the Toronto Reference Library and bought The Girl Who Played With Far, A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian and The Friday Night Knitting Club all for $1. I still haven't read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, so it will be a while before I get to The Girl Who Played With Fire. I also bought Matched from Mabel's Fables, also in Toronto. 


For review, I got The Atheist's Daughter by Renee Harrell in the mail. From the library, I picked up Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. I read Scott Pilgrim earlier in the week and it was awesome. I'm currently reading P&P&Z, and I'm actually having trouble getting into it. 

What was in your mailbox this week? 

6 comments:

  1. I also bought Matched this week! Hope you enjoy all your books!

    My IMM: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-10.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygod I didn't know there was a bookshop inside the Reference Library!! (btw, hello fellow Toronto book blogger! :P)

    I hear Matched is great.. I need to read that still. My colleague gave me Friday Night Knitting Club I think.. (and obviously haven't gotten to reading it yet)

    Michele
    IMM | 2 Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I didn't know it was there forever. There's also one in the North York Central Library. All the info is here: http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/support-us/friends/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Nice blog you got here and nice books this week. I hope you enjoy Matched, It looks good.:]

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab set! I loved Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Big Matched fan too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added The Friday Night Knitting Club to my wishlist after seeing it on your Tumblr :D

    I'll be interested in seeing what you think of Matched. I'll be re-reading it next month as that's when the sequel's released.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...