Monday 12 September 2011

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers post about the books they've bought, borrowed or received in the past week.


This week's IMM is a little late, since I didn't get a chance to go to the library until tonight. I actually took out The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao in May, but never got a chance to read it. I ran across it in the fiction section and thought I'd take it out again (and hopefully have time for it.) I've been meaning to check out Fight Club for a while, and thought I might as well take out Diary as well. Random fact about Fight Club: it was probably the most popular movie poster in my residence in first year. Everyone had some sort of Fight Club poster son their walls. 


From the YA section, I took out The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart, This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen and Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel Fattah. I liked Lockhart's The Boyfriend List and soooo many people have recommended The Disreputable History to me. I was in the mood for some chick lit, and Sarah Dessen is my go to girl for that. I randomly found Does My Head Look Big in This? and decided to check it out, since it got a lot of hype when I was a young teen. I've always wanted to read it, but never got around to it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to your review of The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.

    You make me feel bad for not going to the library1

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...