Monday 8 August 2011

Beach Reads



I love the beach! I spent pretty much all of this past weekend there with my family, canoeing, swimming and reading. Is it just me, or are books always better when you read them at the beach? Maybe I even would have liked The Pilgrim's Progress if I'd read it with my feet in the sand (completely joking. Worst book ever.)
I'm sure everyone's definition of 'beach read' varies. For me, it's usually a fun read for the beach, or just for summer in general. Some books have summer written all over and some are fun light reads that are perfect for summer holidays. Other books aren't the typical beach read, but I read them for the first time sitting beside a pool or on a friends dock, and always associate them with summer. Some beach reads I like:


Adult Fiction:

  • Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding 
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
  • The Last Summer (of you & me) by Ann Brashares 
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 
  • A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews
  • Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin 

YA

  • Losing Forever by Gayle Friesen 
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han 
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson 
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Anna Brashres
  • Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  • The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot 
  • Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison 

Summer's not over yet! There's still plenty of time for beach side reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...